Nebraska offers sales tax exemptions on:
- Manufacturing equipment
- Manufacturing or processing raw materials
- Common carrier vehicles
- Utilities used in manufacturing
- No intangibles tax
- No inventory tax
- Sales tax refund on pollution-control equipment
The Nebraska Advantage Package is Nebraska’s comprehensive economic development incentive. It provides 3-10% investment credits, 3-6% wage credits and sales tax refunds to qualified businesses based on job creation and investment levels.
- Customized Job Training: Nebraska Department of Economic Development’s Customized Job Training Program provides training assistance on projects that offer an opportunity for economic development in Nebraska. Use of the funds is limited to eligible companies and eligible training projects. Provides a flexible and discretionary job training program with grants from $800 to $4,000+ per qualified new job.
- InternNE: The Intern Nebraska Grant Program (InternNE) provides financial assistance to businesses who create new internships in Nebraska. Provides up to $7,500 per internship.
Research & Development & Innovation Programs
There are a variety of state programs and resources to assist with business innovation. These programs include:
- Nebraska Advantage Research and Development Credit: Offers a refundable tax credit
- Nebraska Prototype Grant Program and Seed Investment Program: Provides financial assistance to support introduction of a prototype or process to the market, commercialization of products or processes.
- Nebraska SBIR/STTR: Provides financial assistance to businesses applying to the federal SBIT/STTR program.
More detailed information on state incentives can be found here: Nebraska Advantage Brochure
Many local communities have the ability to assist with economic development projects through the use of Tax Increment Financing or through the use of local tax dollars to support an approved economic development program and eligible activities. Local incentives could provide assistance in the form of infrastructure improvements, job training, and financing.