Our mission. . .
“Increase economic development opportunities by preparing and strengthening communities while focusing on business retention, expansion, and attraction activities.”
Nebraska Public Power District’s (NPPD’s) goal is to have communities prepared for economic growth opportunities. Many of the following services are provided in conjunction with our public power partners and other state and regional agencies:
- Consulting, leadership, and facilitation services
- Economic development training and educational opportunities
- Industrial site and building brochures
- Census population characteristics
- Local labor data
- Searchable online site and building database
- Strategic planning assistance
- Community guides/community guide lites
- Special research studies
- Economic and demographic trends studies
- Online community information
- Community websites
Assisting with Retention and Expansion
Retention and expansion of existing businesses are critical components to community and regional economic development.
- Working with our public power partners and state and regional agencies, we are able to provide local businesses with valuable resources.
- We can assist with business retention and expansion visits and with corporate headquarter calls.
Attracting New Business
Successful business recruitment programs require an effective method to communicate Nebraska’s competitive advantages to companies seeking to expand or relocate. We work closely with a statewide network of partners providing a highly-concentrated and effective recruitment campaign and successful outcome.
- Recruitment trips and headquarter visits
- Dedicated economic development-focused website
- Economic Development Incentive Electric Rate
- Industry targeting
- Trade shows
- Prospect assistance
- Nebraska Economic Development Overview
- Special industry opportunity studies
Well prepared communities are critical to the economic growth of each community and Nebraska. NPPD strives to support the communities it serves by providing services to help make them successful in their economic development efforts. Below are just a few of the ways that NPPD’s Economic Development Team can assist communities served by NPPD and its utility partners.
Positioning Communities – Our goal is to help our communities be prepared for economic development opportunities when they arise; we do this by utilizing the skills and experience of our staff to do the following:
- Consulting, Leadership & Facilitation
- Economic Development Workshops/Training
- Online Community Information
- Research & Specialized Studies
- Community Guide
- Industrial Site & Building Brochures
- Calling Card/Nebraska
- Help with Prospect Proposals