Nebraska Public Power District’s Economic Development Incentive Electric Rate
Nebraska Public Power District’s (NPPD’s) economic development rate gives eligible customers discounted energy prices for up to five years. The Economic Development rate could fall in the range of 3.7 to 5.0 cents per kilowatt hour. Must have:
- new or additional load of 1 megawatt or greater with a monthly load factor of 60 percent or greater.
- have entered into a written agreement with the state or any political subdivision to provide an economic development project pursuant to state or local law.
- wholesale customer and end-use customer have entered into a written service agreement with Nebraska Public Power District.
Nebraska offers sales tax exemptions on:
- Manufacturing equipment
- Manufacturing or processing raw materials
- Common raw materials
- Utilities used in manufacturing
No personal property tax on intangibles
No inventory tax
The Nebraska Advantage Package is Nebraska’s comprehensive economic development incentive. It provides 3-10% investment credits, 3-6% wage credits and sales tax refunds to qualified businesses based on job creation and investment levels.
Funding sources could also be available to assist with sites and infrastructure such as Site and Building Development Fund, Community Development Block Grant, Tax Increment Financing, and other local sources
Need Help? Contact the NPPD Economic Development Team for assistance in understanding the benefits of these programs and to help guide you through the process.